I gave a talk at FreedomFest last month. Unfortunately, the video was not recorded (not even the projector worked). However, the topic is so important that I recorded the talk back in my office, to put a video to put on the Internet. My talk covers 6 areas:
- Two pseudo gold standards
- What do people need from a monetary system?
- What is the role of the banker?
- Why does gold circulate or not circulate?
- A working definition of the gold standard
- How do we get from here to there?
The video can be found on YouTube here or watch it below. For those interested in additional reading material, see my articles on why the world needs an Unadulterated Gold Standard, how interest rates are set in a gold standard and the need to remove capital gains tax on gold (and why that isn’t cronyism).
© 2017 Monetary Metals